I admit i have had my fair share of mornings. Ones, which i woke up to the beautiful but lonely call of a cuckoo for its mate; ones with the crows cacophonous brawl over morning pickings; some, i woke up shitting in my pants cos i suddenly remembered about some portion of the exam i did not cover; while some, I was half awake with a zillion things on my To-do list but stupidly smiled and silently said "Fuck You", which it turned out later should have been the other way round.
Today was more cranky than ever. I woke up for my labbie shift( the best job in RIT. Ask me for reference if you need it. No assurances!! My reference may not help you much though :P) which was like s0ooooooooooooooo early in the morning, I was promising myself i would never take up a morning shift again(EVER). My head somehow managed to drag the rest of its anatomy out of the bed into the loo. when i returned, my crankiness just happened to discover a whole new level to it when i realized my lappie shut down halfway through a download i started the previous night. I gave up and rushed through with my things to catch the bus. I had to eat some breakfast before i could live through the rest of my day. I filled my thermos with some hot milk and was about to rush when i accidentally opened my fridge up and picked up a piece of chocolate cake and took a bite.....
The chirping of the sparrows, the sweet nostalgic breeze bringing the memories back woke me up.. i realized i was transported to the heavenly world of chocolate.. That ever eluding heaven which manifests when you take a bite of the chocolate cake( the one with layers of cream in between the cake and the chocolate chips so many spilling out like the ripe breasts of Eve..) I forgot everything-- my job, my bus, my shoes ----- was just standing there greedily gulping down one bite after the other and then waiting for a sec savoring it, just that split second ride to heaven; warm and wet in my mouth, melting down... and breaking into a cadence in my mouth, a soft but smooth-- ever teasing symphony---
the alarm in my phone brought me back.... I put my shoes on and ran, happy to find some guys in the bus stop, knowing i made it in time.... I reached my lab and opened it up. Now, i am at the end of this post... listening to "Dooba dooba rehta hoon baaton mein teri"-by silk route... thinking it could not have started out better....
8 comments:
Well some how one particular paragraph reminds me of Sidney Sheldon's style of writing soft porn! Hey do take it up as a compliment, because whether woman openly accpet it or not they do lap up Sidney's novels and I think the post will go down well with woman folk too.....:)
I hate waking up early in the morning!!!!!!!! But I guess it's not so bad after all! A very optimistic post must say! Thanks!!!!
I must admit with the soft pron comment. It doesn't seem like description of eating a chocolate cake....it seems like something else all together......floating into the fantasy world.... exported into ecstasy.............
Liked your style of creative writing!!Must say the description of eating a chocolate cake resembles Sheldon's style!!But I guess your post is more hmmm.....hmmm....
Real nice post!!Liked your description of the morning and the various feelings associated with it.
And about the chocolate cake fantasy..I guess you need to savour it to be able to know it!!Absolutely divine to bite into a layered chocolate cake!!Guess some folks look upto Sidney Sheldon to tell them the taste of chocolate cakes!!
Well not everybody can put in words the divine feeling of eating a chocolate cake!!!!!! Only certain Sheldons and in this case Mr. Renji got it right to the T!
Thats some morning wake up you had there mate.
I dont remember a morning that good in the last few weeks, no wait... make that "i havent had such a morning in my life"
Mornings are always dead never cared for the birds, the chirruping etc.. For me if the mornings were ever this good, i'd know instantly that somethings not right.
Isn't it nice..... when a boring dull and lifeless day suddenly turns out to be your best day ever!!!!
Post a Comment